The Technion Ruth and Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine American Medical School (TeAMS) offers a unique opportunity for members of the Beit Medrash Govoha for Medical Halacha to study an American-style medical school curriculum in English with Israel’s most prestigious faculty of medicine.
TeAMS trains outstanding physicians with the knowledge, skills, research education and practical clinical experience needed to excel in their careers.
- First and second years – Theoretical classroom study
- Third year – Clinical experience in addition to their regular classroom-based studies. Integrated into the curriculum are USMLE preparatory courses
- Fourth year – Students begin clinical rotations at Rambam Hospital and other Technion- affiliated hospitals and outpatient clinics
- Fifth year – Students can choose to take elective rotations at partnering hospitals in the US
- In addition to the regular curriculum, students take special preparatory courses for their USMLE step exams
TeAMS takes pride in preparing students for an exceptional medical career while exposing them to the cutting edge medical research and biotech advancements. TeAMS prepares students for independent, critical and creative thinking in an environment that supports promising research, encourages innovation and celebrates excellence.
TeAMS has opened a dedicated track in the medical school program to encourage participation in the Beit Medrash Govoha for Medical Halacha. Members of the Beit Medrash Govoha for Medical Halacha complete the 4-year course study over a 5-year period. The medical school courses and tuition for the usual first year of medical school are spread over two years allowing students in the Beit Medrash Govoha to dedicate half of their day to intensive Torah study during this period.
Key Benefits of TeAMS
- Small class sizes
- One-on-one mentoring and an intimate learning environment
- US-trained academic liaison for each student
- Top residency placements in the US and Canada
- Strong, close-knit alumni network
- Cutting-edge biotech and biomedical research
- World-renowned academic institution
- Eligible applicants to TeAMS require a bachelor’s degree from an accredited US or Canadian university
- Successfully pass the MCAT
- Complete pre-med requirements as detailed on TeAMS website –https://teams.technion.ac.il/
- Eligible applicants to the Beit Medrash Govoha for Medical Halacha are male, pre-med college graduates who are serious about pursuing a career in